Online Benefit Estimator
Members can use KCERA’s Online Benefit Estimator to estimate their monthly retirement benefit. The benefit amount displayed will reflect the information inputted by the member, so it is important that this data be as accurate as possible. To receive an unofficial benefit estimate, please follow the instructions below.
Instructions for Using the Online Benefit Estimator
- Enter the gross amount of your biweekly compensation. (Note: This amount should include your base pay plus any pensionable “special pays” that apply to you.)
- Enter your expected total years of retirement service credit as of your retirement date. (Note: Unpaid personal or medical leaves of absence should not be included.)
- Select your retirement benefit tier from the following options:
- General Tier I: “3% at age 60” – hired prior to October 27, 2007
- General Tier II: “1.62% at age 65” – hired on/after October 27, 2007
- Safety Tier I: “3% at age 50” – hired prior to March 27, 2012
- Safety Tier II: “2% at age 50” – hired on/after March 27, 2012
- Use the drop-down menu to select your expected age as of your retirement date. (Note: “Round down” your age to the nearest quarter-year.)
- The “Social Security Integration” box should be checked unless you are employed by a Special District that does not participate in Social Security.
- Estimated Monthly Benefit is updated automatically.
* The estimated gross monthly benefit does not take into account any deductions from your payment, such as tax withholding or health insurance premiums. Calculations performed by the Online Benefit Estimator are not official estimates. KCERA cannot and will not be bound by the results of your use of the estimator. If an online benefit estimator calculation differs from an official benefit calculation performed by KCERA staff, the latter calculation will prevail. The benefit you will receive at retirement is determined pursuant to the County Employees’ Retirement Law of 1937, not all of which is currently captured in the online tool.