- Berrenda Mesa Water District
- Buttonwillow Recreation and Park District
- East Kern Cemetery District
- Inyokern Community Services District
- Kern County
- Kern County Superior Court
- Kern County Water Agency
- Kern Medical
- Kern Mosquito and Vector Control District
- North of the River Sanitary District
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- Shafter Recreation and Park District
- West Side Cemetery District
- West Side Mosquito and Vector Control District
- West Side Recreation and Park District
Employer Contribution Rates
Each year, KCERA’s actuary, Segal Consulting, provides the Board of Retirement with an actuarial analysis of KCERA’s funding in the previous fiscal year. The report, known as an actuarial valuation, tells plan sponsors how closely KCERA’s demographic and economic assumptions aligned with the prior year’s actual “experience.”
The actuary quantifies these data points and calculates the contribution rates of each plan sponsor for the coming fiscal year. Before the recommended contribution rates can take effect, the actuary must present them to the Board of Retirement for adoption. KCERA then notifies the plan sponsors about their applicable rates, which may be presented to their governing boards.
Click here to view KCERA’s recent actuarial valuations.
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) issued two statements that changed the way public retirement systems like KCERA disclose pension information. KCERA created this section for the benefit of its plan sponsors and to comply with the GASB standards. Click here to view the recent GASB 68 Actuarial Valuations.