Skip to main content
Pension Payment CalendarCheck mailed June 26, 2024Direct deposit June 28, 2024

Updating Your Information

Life does not stand still. It can change in significant ways, even in retirement. When these changes happen, you may need to inform KCERA so there is no interruption in the payment of your KCERA benefits.

Below are a few of the life changes that KCERA would like to know about. If any of these situations apply to you, please complete the appropriate form and return it to KCERA promptly.

Beneficiary Change

Your designation of a beneficiary* is important. This is the person you name to receive survivorship benefits after your death. For example, most surviving spouses are entitled to a continuance of the member’s monthly benefit and the death benefit.

Therefore, it is very important that KCERA has your most up-to-date beneficiary information. If you need to designate a new beneficiary due to marriage, divorce or death, please complete and return the Beneficiary Designation Form.

Name Change

If your legal name changes for any reason, please update it with KCERA using the Name Change Request Form. Any legal documents that verify the reason for the name change (e.g., marriage license or divorce Judgment) should also be provided.

Address Change

If you plan to change your residence or mailing address, please let KCERA know where to send your monthly payment remittance and official correspondence. You can update your address by completing and returning the Address/Direct Deposit Change Request Form.

Bank Account Change

If you decide to change banks or open a new checking account for your KCERA benefit, it is critical that you provide KCERA with your new account information. In addition to completing and returning the Address/Direct Deposit Change Request Form, please provide a copy of a voided check for the new account. This will ensure your monthly benefit will be deposited in the correct account.

Tax Withholding Change

If you would like more (or less) federal and/or state income taxes withheld from your monthly benefit, please complete and return one or both the Federal W-4P or State DE 4P Forms to update your tax-withholding preferences. All KCERA retirees can elect to have federal taxes withheld, but only retirees residing in California can elect to have state taxes withheld. Residents of other states are responsible for filing and paying their own state taxes.

(* Your beneficiary must be a living person with an insurable interest in your life. Members who are married or registered as domestic partners should designate their current spouse or partner.)

Join our mailing list